We are looking for a highly motivated Data Engineer to join us and be a key part of our team to implement and maintain data workflows. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in data engineering and be passionate about building scalable, reliable, and efficient data pipelines.
- Design, build, and maintain data pipelines and workflows
- Collaborate with data scientists and software engineers to integrate data into AI/ML systems
- Own data collection, data preparation, and data annotation for key AI/ML use-cases
- Develop and implement data models and schemas for efficient storage and retrieval
- Ensure data quality, consistency, and integrity in all data pipelines
- Develop and maintain ETL processes for data ingestion from various sources
- Optimize data workflows for performance and scalability
- Implement data governance policies and procedures
- Keep up to date with the latest advancements in data engineering technologies and best practices
- Bachelor's or master's degree in computer science, Statistics, or related field
- 3-5 years of experience in data engineering, ETL, and database management
- Strong programming skills in Python, and experience with relevant libraries (e.g. Pandas, NumPy, SQL)
- Experience with cloud-based data storage and processing, such as AWS and/or Microsoft Azure Platform
- Knowledge of data modeling and schema design
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Familiarity with data visualization tools, such as Tableau or Power BI.
About the Company:
We want to contribute to a better world. And we believe that there is no sustainability without traceability. That is why we are on a mission; to bring transparency to producers who really want to know what they sell, and for consumers who really care what they buy.
TrusTrace is a SaaS provider that helps companies truly understand and take responsibility for their full social and environmental footprint of the products they sell, while enabling consumers to make informed and better choices, through creating fully transparent value chains all the way to product origin. Fueled by AI, IoT, ML and blockchain, the technology is simple, efficient and tamper-proof, ensuring data accuracy and ease of collection, while unveiling the true cost of everything from manufacturing, selling, buying and disposing of material.
With the vision of ‘A Renovated Planet’, we are focusing on industries with a high social and environmental impact; fashion and sustainable retailing, TrusTrace is a rapidly growing category leader, and we have already partnered with 40+ sustainability pioneers like Filippa K, Houdini, Fjällräven, Decathlon, Vaude, Ba&sh, Icebug, Mini Rodini, Layered and Coop, with more joining our community as we speak.
TrusTrace has received numerous awards within sustainability, latest the Solar Impulse label which is given only to companies which apply to the highest standards in sustainability and circular economy, and is on Sifted’s ‘The Nordic Startups and Scaleups to watch in 2021.’
Working with us you will not only get a job – but become part of our family of highly talented individuals with a true passion for sustainability. We’re not into traditional hierarchies, and we run a welcoming and inclusive work culture, where everybody’s ideas and thoughts are valued. We’re just over 100 right now but by the time you’ve finished your application we’ll probably be a couple more! In fact, we’re hiring for several positions right now – so tell your friends!