Backend Developer with a passion for sustainability
Are you passionate about the health of our planet and all those who live on it, and want to contribute to a sustainable future for all?
Are you an expert at creating personal relationships and explaining the value of new and disruptive innovations?
And do you want to work with passionate changemakers in an energetic, value-driven, fast-growing startup, as we enter a period of significant international expansion?
Then you might just be the person we’re looking for!
About the Company:
We want to contribute to a better world. And we believe that there is no sustainability without traceability. That is why we are on a mission; to bring transparency to producers who really want to know what they sell, and for consumers who really care what they buy.
TrusTrace is a SaaS provider that helps companies truly understand and take responsibility for their full social and environmental footprint of the products they sell, while enabling consumers to make informed and better choices, through creating fully transparent value chains all the way to product origin. Fueled by AI, IoT, ML and blockchain, the technology is simple, efficient and tamper-proof, ensuring data accuracy and ease of collection, while unveiling the true cost of everything from manufacturing, selling, buying and disposing of material.
With the vision of ‘A Renovated Planet’, we are focusing on industries with a high social and environmental impact; fashion and sustainable retailing, TrusTrace is a rapidly growing category leader, and we have already partnered with 40+ sustainability pioneers like Filippa K, Houdini, Fjällräven, Decathlon, Vaude, Ba&sh, Icebug, Mini Rodini, Layered and Coop, with more joining our community as we speak.
TrusTrace has received numerous awards within sustainability, latest the Solar Impulse label which is given only to companies which apply to the highest standards in sustainability and circular economy, and is on Sifted’s ‘The Nordic Startups and Scaleups to watch in 2021.’
Working with us you will not only get a job – but become part of our family of highly talented individuals with a true passion for sustainability. We’re not into traditional hierarchies, and we run a welcoming and inclusive work culture, where everybody’s ideas and thoughts are valued. We’re just over 100 right now but by the time you’ve finished your application we’ll probably be a couple more! In fact, we’re hiring for several positions right now – so tell your friends!
About the role:
As a team member at TrusTrace, you’ll get to solve challenging, real-world problems that truly make a difference to society.
As a Product Developer at TrusTrace, you’ll get to solve challenging and real-time problems using cutting edge technologies. You get to work with industry thought leaders and big-name brands. You will work with the product team to materialize the requirements into pieces of user stories and priorities. You will get hands-on experience in polyglot programming to build solutions and write tests to ensure quality code. (We primarily work on Java, typescript/node, and golang). If you build it, you will own it, i.e . you will be generating metrics, track improvements, and bug fixes for features that are built and shipped by you.
Experience & Skills: (3 – 8 Years) The successful candidate will have
- Passion for problem-solving.
- Flexibility to multitask and re-priorities when necessary.
- Ability to work in an agile and customer-eccentric team.
- Open to learning new technologies.
- Prior saas/start-up experience is preferable, but not mandatory.
- Hands-on experience in back-end technologies and have a strong understanding of core data structure and design patterns.
- Commanding knowledge in HLD/LLD
- Basics of system design and distributed systems
- Strong fundamentals in frameworks like Spring MVC, Spring Security, Spring Data, and Spring-boot.
- Sound knowledge in Java and JVM ecosystem.
- Write the production-grade test code. Junit/ TestNG
- Proficiency with Rest API performance and OpenAPI standards.
- Experience in building cache layers and invalidate them properly ;-)
- Strong knowledge of NoSQL(Mongo) database.
- Experience with Elastic search or Solr is preferred.
- Basics understanding of cloud infrastructures (Preferably AWS) and CI/CD pipelines.
- Should have startup/product Experience
Educational Qualification : Preferably from CS/Circuit Background